This is the fifth blog post of this series in which I am going to explain you how to create secondary tiles on Windows phone start screen using the images which are stored in isolated storage.
1. First of all create a new project having the name Secondarytile.
2. Then add two buttons and an image control on the MainPage.xaml to choose an image and second one to create a secondary tile on start screen.Image control is used to display the image selected from gallery.
3. Our first step would be to choose an image from gallery and save it to isolated storage so that it could be used as and background image for a secondary tile.
We will be using the Photochooser task for selecting an image from gallery. The code for the following is given below.
Namespace required are
File name of image
Code for click event handler of Choose button
If you have any doubts related to Photochooser task. You can refer to the following post.
4. Our next step would be to create a Flip tile on start screen with background image as of that selected from the gallery above.
The code for click event handler of the create button is given below
If you have any doubts related to the method which is being used to create secondary tiles on start screen. You can refer to the following post.
Note: In the above method I have used one image source for all three sizes. You can set it individually using three different images.
5. After you will debug the application on emulator. You will observe the following output as shown below.
I hope this post will be helpful to you. You can download the full project source file from the link given below.